Thursday, October 22, 2009

My experience in building own PC III ( the building process )

like i said on my previous post , all my parts came at Friday, 9 October. Which was the date i built my own desktop for the first time.

I started with the casing, where installing an extra fan on side panel , the Power Supply unit, and the Optical Drive were quite Easy. Then i went out to see my personal tutor.

After back from tutor meeting, i resume my work by installing the Hard disk first. However, i became more careful as the components i started to handle is easily destroy by Electro Static Discharge.

Next, i opened up the packing of processor and Motherboard, and start by lifting the seal of the processor socket on the motherboard. Carefully , i put the processor inside the socket, but when it came to closing the cover for the processor, i became hesitated as i need to apply a force, which might damage the processor. But then , i thought, (the processor) is underwarranty by the way, hence i did it.

The CPU heatsink and cooler dont take me much time and effort, as i simply keep the 'warantty' in mind when putting it in place.

Same happened when installing my RAM, as i done it 3 years before, i knew i had to push the Module in the Socket so that the RAM gripped firmly by the motherboard.

Installing my Motherboard Bundle to my casing, would be a little tricky, as the screw holes on the motherboard wont allign to their counterpart on the casing without using a force to hold them.

Installing my Graphic Processor Unit onto the motherboard however, nearly scared me off. As the only thing that connect the motherboard and GPU, and hence hold the GPU from falling/Bending due to its weight, was the tiny little PCI-E 2.0 socket.

Next came the most annoying part, connecting the cables, and did some cable management to avoid obstructing the air flow.

last, when i wanna put my side panel back to casing, the problem arose when i realized i cant connected the power cable to the fan. I had to unscrew the fan, plug in the power cable first, then screw it back to the side panel.

And yeah, after installing the OS things blah blah blah, the system is kicking and running with a Virtual Mark score of 13300.

PS : i would like to try overclocking after 2 or 3 years.
PPS: So, if you wanna built your desktop and dont mind be the white rats, give me a call,
PPPS: If you have the patient to read till this point, i would like to invite you for a HD movie-time in my room, ;p


3 comments:

iamlz said...

cool! :D
photo of your completely assembled desktop? ;)

Tecsun Yeep said...

bought another PC?

Chin said...

first in uk... xD